Featured Post

Returning Demons

Dear Reader, This may be my very first "drunk" blog post.  OK...I'm not exactly drunk...but I am under the influence.  The &...

Monday, November 22, 2021

2020 and Panda-what?

 Dear Reader,


It's been a bit, hasn't it?  I don't get on here much because "I've been working on the railroad all the live long day."  I'm showing my age Dear Reader! Do our kids even get taught this song anymore?  Probably not. 

So, it's been just shy of two years since I've imparted my wisdom upon you.  I guess it is time for more wisdom...or maybe just an accounting of what 2020, 2021 and a Pandemic has been like for me. 

2020 went by SOOOOO fast.  I remember the first three months...you know, the ones where we weren't in lock down! But the rest of it is a blur! I gave my car away to one of my kids. I bought a big, new(er) truck, we drove to Virginia to visit the other kid and we drove to Maine to see one of our adopted kids get married but the rest...I dunno what happened! I know I gained about 20 pounds...guess I made up for not going to traditional college and getting that "freshman 15." I drank A LOT of wine (who didn't?) and it prompted me to do a Dry January to kick off 2021.

2021...not sure where that went either. I did go see balloons and in the span of 4 days went from 31 feet above sea level to 10,000 feet above sea level. Do you know how difficult it is to breath up there?? I quit not one but two jobs (the great resignation is true!) and started two new jobs! I engaged in an epic nerf gun battle at the memorial of a dear friend lost to us a few years ago. I reconnected with some friends I hadn't seen for 20-30 years. I came to terms/peace with some personal demons. And, I became a redhead to match my new (to me) convertible!  But yah, I think that all happened last week (it didn't.) 

I'm not sure what the end of 2021, or 2022, will bring but there are some concrete things happening that I know about. My younger son is getting transferred to Norfolk so he and his family are moving 14 hours away from us (insert pouty face here.) My oldest son is planning on getting out of the Navy. My nephew (third son) is getting married. And,  I (and many of the people I grew up with) am turning 50 next summer. And I'm looking forward to spending less time working and more time playing...maybe even, dare I say...more time blogging!




No comments: